Celery seed is derived from the flower of celery, which is small and brown in colour and is widely used in various dishes. As early as ancient times, traditional Indian natural remedies used celery seeds to relieve cold symptoms, reduce swelling, and solve problems such as indigestion and liver and spleen discomfort. Celery seeds contain apigenin, phthalide, etc., which help to drain away body waste and lower uric acid, and thus relieve joint discomfort.
Uric acid is the final metabolite of purine in the human body, 80% of which is produced by metabolism in the body, and the rest comes from diet. Purines are metabolized by the liver to form uric acid, which is finally excreted by the kidneys in the form of urine. If too much uric acid is produced in the body and cannot be excreted, it may deposit in joint tissues (especially the joints of fingers and toes), causing symptoms of inflammation, redness, and pain.
High work pressure, social activities, big meals are socially common in Hong Kong, and all these contribute to the prevalence of uric acid problems. In addition, the proportion of middle-aged men suffering from gout is higher, and women usually develop after menopause.
BLACKMORES® Celery 7000:
- Each tablet contains 70 mg of celery seed oil, equivalent to 7000 mg of dry celery seed
- Celery Seed is rich in Omega-6 Linoleic Acid, Antioxidants, Calcium and Zinc etc.
- Assists the elimination of body waste
- Relieves mild joint discomfort
- Mini size capsule, easy to swallow
- Higher concentration for enhanced protection against joint
- Suitable for people middle-aged men, frequent smokers and drinkers, with high uric acid, with repeated joint problems