Most of the vitamin D in the human body is synthesized by sunlight exposure to the skin; only a small amount is obtained from food. Vitamin D is the only vitamin that can be obtained through sunlight, therefore it is called "Sunshine Vitamin".
The time of exposure to sunlight, the extent of skin exposure to sunlight, skin color, seasons, weather, and sunlight at different times are all factors directly affect the amount of vitamin D obtained from sunlight exposure! To obtain sufficient amount, it is recommended to at least 2-3 times a week, let the sun shine on the face, arms and hands for 5 to 15 minutes at noon, without clothing, sunscreen and glass.
Studies have shown that vitamin D3 is more effective and long-lasting than vitamin D2 in increasing vitamin D levels in the human body*, with better bioavailability!
Benefits of BLACKMORES® Vitamin D3 1000 IU:
- Assists bone development and muscle function
- Promotes the absorption of calcium and phosphorus which can help to strengthen muscles
- Supports respiratory immune system health
- Enhanced bioavailability for vitamin D3 than D2*
- Mini softgel, easy to swallow
* Armas LA, Hollis BW, Heaney RP. Vitamin D2 is much less effective than vitamin D3 in humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Nov;89(11):5387-91.